J. Greg Zoltani, M.D., is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN). As a neurologist, Dr. Zoltani is highly trained to treat disorders of the nervous system, which include diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles. Neurologists may serve as consultants to other physicians and may provide long-term care to patients with chronic neurological disorders.
All specialty consultations are available.
Dr. Zoltani completed his training at the University of Pittsburgh Sports Medicine Center in 2006, is a Certified Impact Consultant specializing in athletic sports concussion brain injuries or other head injuries.
Since 1990, Dr. Zoltani has performed numerous INDEPENDENT MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS and has testified as an expert witness for both plaintiffs and defendants.
1975 Biology & Chemistry Major; Bachelor of Science, IU, Bloomington, IN
l980 Doctor of Medicine, University of Illinois, School of Medicine
1981 Internal Medicine Internship affiliated with UM & MSU, Kalamazoo, MI
1981-1984 Neurology Residency, Medical University of South Carolina
l983-1984 Chief Resident Neurology, Medical University of South Carolina
Experience 1984 – Present
• Specializes in treatment of neuromuscular disease including conditions that affect the peripheral motor neurons and muscles.
• Provides diagnoses and treatment of both adult and pediatric patients with peripheral neuropathies, muscular dystrophies, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, migraine headaches, strokes, among other neuromuscular conditions
• Performs diagnostic testing in (EMG), Visual Evoked Potentials testing, and (EEG) testing.
• Performs Trigger Point injections
Medical – Legal Evaluations 1990 – Present
Independent Medical Examiner
Medical Expert Witness for plaintiffs and defendants on medical legal cases.
Concussion Management 2006 – Present
• Specializes in concussion management; providing care and treatment related to MVA injuries, work related injuries, and sports related injuries
• Certified consultant for conducting ImPact Tests for concussion and other traumatic brain injuries and their recognition and management.
1984 -1990 Medical Associates Clinic, Dubuque, IA
1990 – Present Pacific Northwest Neurology, Lakewood, WA
1989 State of Illinois Active #036-079403
1990 State of Washington Active #27139
1992 State of Oregon Active #17714
1998 State of Hawaii Active # 10389
2007 State of Alaska Active #6053
1987 – current Diplomate of Neurology
1989 – current Diplomate of American Association of Neuromuscular and Electro Diagnostic Medicine
2006 – current Certified ImPact Consultant (CIC)
Medical Research Experience 1991
Principal investigator for migraine headache drug studies Merck & Co., Inc. and Bristol-Myers-Squibb Pharmaceuticals
Active member American Academy of Neurology
Fellow of the American Association of Neuromuscular & Electro diagnostic Medicine
Active member of American Society of Neuroimaging
Member Northwest Medical Team, International Disaster Response
Pierce County Medical Society
Past Member of Washington State L & I Industrial Ins. Medical Advisory Committee
Active Member of Credentials Committee for Washington State Department of L& I
2009 Vice President Washington State Neurological Society
2010 President Washington State Neurological Society
2011 Past President Washington State Neurological Society